Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Atheist Test

It's not exactly true, but there are parts of it that are dead on. ..
    The Pyrrhonian
    The results are in, and it appears that you have scored 44%...
    Quietly confident and aloof, the Pyrrhonian recognises that religions exist and that people subscribe to them, but manages to keep well out of it all. Pyrrhonians came to the realisation long ago that all matters of faith are beyond the scope of reason or argument, and thus retains a clear-headed skeptical approach to religion in general. They refuse to place belief in anything for which there is no proof, and regard the majority of theistic claims as irreconcilable. Leading a life of tranquility undisturbed by religious concerns, the position of the Pyrrhonian is enviable, if a little frustrating for others at times.

4 comments:

Simon said...

You need to work on that. I expect you to be up around the late 50s by the end of the month. I'm dissapointed, frankly.

The Sasquatch said...

Aww man ... now look what you went and did. The mere fact that you told me I had do something means I will do exactly the opposite.

By the way, what does it mean if I am 50% atheist? Does that mean I am perfectly confused or just unwilling to commit?

Is that the definition of agnosticism?

Meg said...

What is it with everyone defining themselves by what an internet quiz says? Have you noticed this lately?

It's a generational thing, maybe.

The Sasquatch said...

I'm not defining myself. I'm just having fun. I find it amusing that the test says I am 50% atheist (or whatever), when in reality that number is zero