- Wait until late June to address the broken air conditioning in the building, leaving my office to roast at over 100 degrees until almost Independence Day.
- Turn the air conditioning off September 1, when the temperature outside is still quite warm. Temp in my office: 103.
- In response to complaints, wait for temperature to dip into the 60s, then turn the a/c back on. Temp in my office: 40.
- In response to complaints, turn on heat in the building. Temp outside creeps back into the 80s. Temp in my office: 105.
- Temp outside continues to rise. Heat is still on. People complain vociferously.
- Facilities responds by turning on the heat for the second floor and the a/c for the first floor. Temp on first floor: 40. Temp on second floor: 95. temp in my office: 101.
Thursday, October 11, 2007