Thursday, February 24, 2005

later...

I went back and read that last post, along with the title of the page, and found that my spelling skizills are woefully inadequate. It reminded me of a poem I read, which was entitled, "The Impotence of Proofreading." It was all about how spell chukking is impotent, and how a preponderance of mist aches can maik you look dum.

Reading my previous post made me sad. It reminded me of the days when I was a teenager, hopeless plodding through books by John "f-ing" Steinbeck and Herman Melleville when all I wanted to do was watch television and play video games. I thought I had grown intellectually since then. I thought I had become infinitely more intellegigent sense then. I thot I had grown so much more smarter then how I yoused to be, that I was bee-ond reproach when it comes to matters of the Engilsh language.

But I was wrong. And I was sad. Because I still made a lot of mist aches. And all I really wanted to do was play video games.

So I went back and changed the title of the page from "[enter puncline here]" to "[enter punchline here]". I then thought I would go back and edit the post, to make myself look more smarter. But I didn't. I thought to myself, why bother with all that? Why worry about how you look to the one or two people who might read this stupid "online journal?"

Really. Why worry? Anybody who knows me and knows who I am already knows that I'm (more) dumber than a box of rocks, and anybody else is going to be turned off by me explanation of why the word "blog" is pointless and stupid. Plus, if things get bad, I can always start a new blog and call it "Brain Droppings from a Man who is Smarter than You!" And I can be as pretentious as I want to be. I expound upon the dullards who read poopular fiction with witticisms that far out weight their pititful IQ's. I can deride their taste in music, in fashion, in all things that are not exactly what I do, and I can pretend that this makes me feel better about who I am and what I have to offer the word.

But I won't do that. And I won't go back and edit my last post. Because, ultimately, I jest don't kare. I don't feel moreally and intelectualy superior to everyone else.

And all I really want to do is play video games.

1 comment:

Meg said...

I have two words for you: Halo 2. I may not be good at it, okay I am not good at it, but I love playing it. Sometimes, I sit and think to myself, "Man, all I really want to do is play video games." Alas, I suck at playing them! And who has that kind of time anyway?!?! But there the wish sits, in the dark recesses of my mind next to "I want to fly!" collecting dust with all the other good wishes!

There's nothing worse than a chick with gamer - envy...