Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Mee Dum

I just spent a bunch of hours fact-checking a chapter on bacteria and viruses for my new part time job and I gotta say ... I'm an idiot. Seriously. I don't remember studying any of that stuff. Sure, I haven't taken a Biology class since I was 14, but so what? You think I would have come across it once or twice over the last 14 years, right?

Nope.

So I had to look up each and every sentence of the chapter. I didn't do this because I have a dedication to my job or an excellent work ethic. No no no. I did this because I had no idea what the hell they were talking about. Prokaryote? Thermophile? Prion? WTF?

Now it's going on 2 in the morning. I have to be at work in just over 5 hours, I have ground school afterwards, and then I plan to come home and crash. Literally. I plan to drive home, fall asleep along the way, and ram my car into the nearest telephone pole.

I'm going to bed before I catch Curetzfeldt-Jacob disease, whatever the hell it is.

No comments: