Friday, March 10, 2006

Public Indecency

Good news everyone. The library system of the state university where I work has agreed to let me take part in their weekly read aloud event at the end of the month. Basically, they invite staff and faculty to read their favorite works to large (or sometimes not so large) crowds of people who have nothing better to do on a Thursday afternoon. This is part of an effort to get people interested in the library. You'd think a college library wouldn't have to do that. But you'd be wrong; terribly wrong.

I'll be reading "Young Goodman Brown" by Nathaniel Hawthorne on March 30 from roughly 3:00 - 3:30pm. However long it takes to slaver through the thee's and thou's and t'weren't's. If you're interested in joining the tens of people who might walk by on their way to the computer labs, let me know and I'll give you the exact location of the main library of the large state university in Ohio where I work.

Come, watch as I assault the masses with my dulcet tones! Huzzah!

No comments: