Monday, October 17, 2005

notes of little importance

Good news, everyone! Acts 1 and 3 of the play are committed to digital paper, and ACT 2 should be finished by the end of this week. Now, I know what you’re thinking. Three acts. That’s insanity! Who do I think I am? A meth-fueled reincarnation of Arthur Miller in his heyday? Don’t worry. It’s really more like 2 acts with a musical epilogue. Either way, it’s almost finished. And when that magic day arrives, I can print it up, set it aside, and let it stew in its juices until editing time comes and I go through the fun all over again.

If only I could get somebody to give me real, green money for this kind of work. Then my life would be complete.

** ** ** ** ** ** **

In case you haven’t read the comments from my previous post, the meeting with the eye doctor went well. It turns out that my eyeballs are healed and I can return to wearing the expensive contact lenses which approximate good vision. This means I can also return to driving on the streets on Columbus at nighttime with only a minimal fear of running into somebody!

That's good for you, too. Especially if you live in Columbus. Or Xenia.

In celebration of the return of sight, I ran straight out to the local Chinese food store (and there are several in the area) to purchase an extra large order of General Tso’s chicken. I hurried home and proceeded to plow through the msg-laden goodness like a fat kid attacking a doughnut. Unfortunately, my stomach is not accustomed to that much grease that quickly, and I have spent the better part of the last hour anticipating a flow reversal in my esophagus. Things had better calm down soon. I have flight school this evening and I imagine my instructor would be none too please if I painted the classroom in mostly undigested chunks of chicken, broccoli, and soy sauce.

Plus, I would hate to have spent $8.50 on all that food only to see it disappear in such a sad fashion.

** ** ** ** ** ** ** **

The Bengals are 5-1. THE BENGALS ARE 5-1! Do you know how excited that makes me? And next week, we get the real test. We play Pittsburgh. A battle to the death against the hated favorites of the AFC Central. Or the east. Or whichever division we’re in. Who knows?

Certainly not me, bubba. I’m outta here.

No comments: