Monday, August 15, 2005

No soup for you

Not much to write about here these days. Sorry about that. I do have a couple short stories I’m starting work on, and I think I might try to write a book! It’s a good thing I’m not a writer, otherwise I might be dismayed at my eventual inability to get said stores and book published due to their complete lack of interesting characters or compelling plot. But at th every least it will give me something fun to do when I’m bored at work.

Which is most of the time I’m at work.

I heard that jimi got back from Malawi this week. He was studying something important, apparently. I asked him to explain it to me once and I had no idea what he was talking about. He was excited about it, though, so it has to be good. I haven't seen him yet, though. I went to the Cleveland Browns-NY Giants preseason game yesterday with Tim, Jenny, and Jr. Tim and Jenny got free tickets from some guy they know. It rained a lot. It always seems to rain when I go to professional sporting events. When I was a beer vendor for the Cincinnati Reds, it raimed almost every time I worked. I remember once, I took a day off of my real job to work a businessman's special during the day. It rained the whole time. Not only that, but they scheduled me to work in a section that was dominated by a local elementary school that had won tickets to the game.

Just in case you don't know. You can't make a lot of money selling beer to little kids. Not that I tried, mind you. Not me.

I hear jimi looks like a fat Ernest Hemmingway. Chad says so. I found that particularly funny, since Ernest Hemmingway was already fat. Either way, it's nice to have him back. This means I finally have some real competition in frisbee golf.

No comments: